Sunday, February 24, 2008

Color Wheel!!!!

I was able to finish the primary colors of my color wheel in class. The color wheel is a classic way to get to know and understand color, but because it is such a common start to understanding color I found this assignment boring. I have made many other color wheels in my art career and painting another one was monotonous.The one thing I did like about creating this color wheel though was its precise lines and the emphasis on the perfect gradation of color. All the color wheels I have made in the past have been a simple, quick attempt and this is the first that I truly tried to make the perfect color. I am a bit of a perfectionist and this structure for the assignment appealed to me greatly.The type of color wheel that our class painted is called Munsell color system. This system deals with hue, value, and color purity. Hue is another name for pure color. A hue does not have any tint or shade to change its appearance. Value is where a color sits on the scale of light and dark. Color purity is the saturation of the color. These three elements make up the Munsell color wheel. Again, I have painted color wheels before so the generel assignment was lack luster, but the way it was carried out was a better way to teach basic color.

No comments: