Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Learning Color

Color means more to me than it did before college. I like color now. 

I took an oil painting class last year and that 6 week class opened the world of color for me. Ever since I took that class I have seen color in a different way. I notice color more frequently in my day to day life. When I first started to go to museums and was interested in paintings and the technique, I found that I was loving color more and more. All the paintings I saw had such interesting combinations of color, and because I have been a photographer for a couple of years now, there was a time where I ignored color, due to my love of black and white photographs. 
Once I started learning art history in first semester of college I realized the vast world of color, and how necessary color can be in art. College has exposed me to new colors and a new way of thinking about color. I feel like I am learning how color works with paint, light, and everyday items. Through this class(Visual Concepts), I have learned to mix colors and to experiment with the combination of them. Through some minor design work, studying color photographs, and being exposed to more art I have developed a greater understanding of color. 


No comments: